Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), is a public sector university located in Quetta, the capital city of Balochistan, Pakistan. BUITEMS was founded in 2002. Since its inception, the student body of the university grew from 90 to over 7500 in 2015.
BUITEMS is an equal opportunity institution, providing prospects for admission in its academic programs and employment on all ranks. The Governing body of the University has the Governor Balochistan as the Chancellor with Vice Chancellor as the Chief Executive.
The University is recognized and declared as an Engineering University by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The University offers 27 undergraduate, 20 graduate and 5 PhD programs in 27 disciplines. All study programs are accredited by respective professional accreditation councils. BUITEMS houses five Faculties, namely Faculty of Information and Communication Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Faculty of Life Sciences and Informatics, Faculty of Management Sciences and Faculty of Arts and Basic Sciences.
The University publishes a quarterly Newsletter, an Annual report and a bi-annual research journal by the name of Journal of Applied and Emerging Sciences, recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
BUITEMS is involved in numerous civic engagement activities such as:
- Free IT awareness rogram
- Free medical camps
- Health awareness and blood donation camps
- Meal distribution among service employees
- Financial support to the internally-displaced people of North Waziristan
- Observance of Pink Ribbon Day
- Children’s Literature Festival
- Free counseling to The Citizens Foundation (TCF) School student and visits to BUITEMS
- Volunteer services to the Citizens Foundation (TCF) Rahbar Program
- Camps for earthquake affected areas of Awaran & Mashke
- Women’s Day Celebration
- Walks on different social issues against
- Support to SOS village children on the eve of Eid-ul-Adha & Eid-ul-Fitr
- Business incubation center
- Blood donation Camps
- Cleanliness Week
- Celebration of Yom-e-Pakistan
- Career & Job Fair
- First Aid training for BUITEMS Students
- Radio talk shows