CECOS University of Information Technology and Emerging Sciences (Pakistan)
CECOS University of Information Technology and Emerging Sciences is a government-chartered university in Peshawar, Pakistan established in 1986, serving around 3000 students. The vision of the university is “To attain a distinct recognition in international community as a center of excellence, known for its creativity, innovation, public service and knowledge dissemination and communication. Over vision is to maintain values of integrity, diversity, merit and quality in all sphere of life to ensure socio-economic, technological and industrial growth and development in the highly competitive global environment.”
- It has emerged as a major employer in the area with over 180 employees.
- CECOS has been providing merit scholarships to students of its Educational Institutions and financial assistance to economically less fortunate admission seekers.
- CECOS London College, the training department of CECOS Computing International Ltd. UK (1998), has successfully sustained to offer admission to international students.
- Reputed overseas organizations have ventures or limited partnership with CECOS in the field of Information Technology.
- CECOS has been selected for establishing a CISCO Networking Academy, the only one in KPK, by Federal Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST).
CECOS University has signed MoUs with the following Universities / Institutions for the academic collaboration with them:
- Kangwan National University (KNU), Chuncheon, Ganwon, South Korea.
- Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Gazi Magusa, North Cyprus.
- Pamukkale University, Denizu, Turkey.
- University of Jerash, Jordan.
- University of Ziguinchor, Senegal.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad.
- Riphah International University, Islamabad.
- Indus Institute of Higher Education, Karachi.
- University of Tennessee, USA (in progress).
- HITEC University, Taxila (in progress).