National University of Lesotho (Lesotho)

NUL campus

The origins of the National University of Lesotho go back to 1945, when a Catholic University College was founded at Roma by the Roman Catholic Hierarchy of Southern Africa. In 1975, the National University was founded as the heir to the Pius XII University College and the University of Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland (U.B.L.S.). It is situated at Roma, about 35 kilometers south-east of Maseru, the capital of Lesotho. Visit NUL’s website>>

The Institute of Education

The mission of the Institute of Education is to promote educational developmentNUL education through research, in-service and consultancies.  It provides a diverse range of high quality services, including training workshops, to the Ministry of Education and its constituent departments, schools, other educational establishments, and government ministries and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).  Its mandate is implemented in co‑operation with other educational institutions and NGOs in order to respond effectively to the continuing and changing individual, institutional and societal needs in the context of lifelong learning and national development. Learn more>>

HIV/AIDS Awareness Theatre Project

Theatre students perform AIDS awareness plays in order to enhance consciousness amongst key audiences. The plays have been performed for secondary school students,  members of dysfunctional or broken families, orphans, and the homeless. Thanks to a grant from UNAIDS, the program has been expanded to include all districts of Lesotho.