Zaporizhzhya National University (ZNU) was established in 1930 as a Public Education Institute, and then transformed into a Teachers’ Training Institute for Professional Education, and ultimately became a National University. The university includes 17 faculties and 59 departments. ZNU seeks the formation of socially mature and creative individuals with a strong civic commitment, patriotism, self-esteem, and a sense of responsibility for oneself, the country, and humanity. ZNU’s website>>
Community Engagement at ZNU
ZNU’s Legal Clinic from the Law Faculty provides free legal assistance for disadvantaged community members.
The Student Council conducts an “Anti-AIDS” campaign, and donates clothes, toys, sweets and contributions for orphaned children.
The Social and Psychological Rehabilitation Theatre Project at the Faculty of Social Pedagogy and Psychology worked with regional oncology clinics and a children’s regional clinic. Students majoring in theatre worked with more than 50 oncology adult patients and more than 40 children to promote wellbeing and physical recovery. They plan to continue the project with hospitals and other care facilities.
- Environment Day of Ukraine
- International Youth Solidarity Day
- International Earth Day
- Organization of fund-rising campaigns for sick children
- Cooperation with the Red Cross to run a computer literacy course for the elderly and those with learning disabilities
- Holocaust Remembrance Day
- World AIDS Day
- International Day of Disabled Persons
- Events on education against drug abuse of youth
- Events on preventing of racism and xenophobia among the students