The Community Engagement Office is an integrated unit established to support and institutionalize civic commitment activities at CEU. Four offices are brought together to strengthen the work in this area in line with CEU’s strategic focus. Community Engagement at CEU covers four main functions:
1. Implementing and facilitating civic engagement activities aiming to connect CEU with Austrian and Hungarian local communities:
The office coordinates, assists in, and initiates broader civic engagement projects intended to benefit the larger Austrian and Hungarian community. Such projects will involve members of all CEU internal constituencies (students, faculty, and staff).
2. Student leadership and engagement:
The office undertakes and supports outreach and service projects specifically for students, in addition to working on student events and with the Student Union.
– Student Clubs
– Student Union initiated micro events
– CEU community day/CEU Festival (CEU community building events)
– End of the AY events
3. Dedicated human rights education and related activities
The Office focuses on youth involvement, education and active student participation. It promotes social engagement through awareness raising and capacity building.
– Human rights and awareness raising program series
– Skills and capacity building workshop series
– Charity events and donation drives
4. Arts and Culture
The aim is to stir culture-related debate within the university, and to provide the CEU community with an inspiring artistic program that would bring together students and academic staff from all disciplines, as well as Vienna and Budapest citizens.
For more information please contact:
Flora Laszlo Director, CEU Community Engagement Office