The History of KASBIT
KASBIT Private Limited is the parent body of KASBIT that was established in September 1999, through Registration with Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Government of Pakistan. It is the first Private Sector Institute of Higher Education that was registered as a Corporate body. Since its inception, KASBIT has achieved many a mile-stones that advocate its high standard, excellence and quality recognition. KASBIT is Chartered by the Government of Sind and recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, which has also awarded the highest category W(4) rating to KASBIT in recognition of the high educational standards that it maintains. KASBIT is recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and has been awarded the highest ranking of W(A) under whom the standards of educational institutions are scrutinized and evaluated in Pakistan.
KASBIT became a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is based in the US to ensure the quality and continuous improvements in collegiate management education. AACSB International produces and publishes a wide range of knowledge service publications and special reports on the trends and issues within management education. AACSB also plans to conduct extensive array of professional development programs for students and professionals and its membership ascertains the current standing of KASBIT. KASBIT was certified by ISO in January 2002 in recognition of the high quality control system that it has in place. By this virtue, KASBIT became the first ISO-9001 Certified Degree Awarding Institute in the Private Sector of Pakistan. Since the inception of KASBIT, its management has remained highly conscious for attaining high standards and to earn recognition through performance based achievements based on which its Charter was granted by the Government of Sindh vide Ordinace No. XXII of 2001. KASBIT has grown into one of the most respected education institutions that contribute towards the qualitative education of students in the field of Computer Science and Management Science.
Workshops and Seminars
KASBIT with the passage of time held different workshops and seminars not only for their own students but also for the students from wider community. A list of workshops and seminars arranged by KASBIT includes:
· Social Disorders Reforms
· Global Warming Workshop
· Managers as leaders
· Importance of communication skills
· How to improve your Presentation Skills?
KASBIT timely gives tribute to different Social Figures and Organizations in appreciation of their activities performed. A list of tribute given is:
· Tribute to Fatimid Foundation
· Tribute to Pakistan Army
· Tribute to Police day
· Edhi Foundation Tribute
Corporate Social Responsibility Activities
KASBIT strives to be a valued corporate citizen. We have always shown strong commitment and support for public health and awareness initiatives and championed many social causes.
At KASBIT, we know that part of being a successful and sustainable business is fulfilling our social responsibilities, making our Institution more responsive, more flexible and more open to society’s expectations. We are working towards improving Quality education. We are adapting our Institutional Quality Model to adopt a more open approach to R&D for quality education. Some of the activities include:
· Blood Donation Activity Fatimid Foundation
· Unicef Program
· Fund collection for flood victims
· Visit to National Institute of Thalassemia
· Blood Donation Camp
· Make a Wish
A Brief Description of Activities
· A-Day-Spend and Renovated the orphanage at Edhi orphanage at Edhi Home, Sohrab Goth. Also provided gifts to the orphans.
· A-Day-Spend with the patients (mostly kids) at Fatimid Foundation, the foundation is working for the patients of blood transfusion. A day was spent with the kids there, they were provided with some gifts and edible items.
· Furthermore, A Blood Donation Day was observed at KASBIT . Fatimid Doctors’ team was at KASBIT and our students from entire institution voluntarily donated blood.
· A –Day-Spend at Dar-ul-Sukun, home for specials. Our students provided gifts to the patients and later worked for their fund raising campaign which was to sell the tickets for a concert organized by Dar-ul-Sukun management. Such a concert is annually organized and is one of the biggest sources of earning for the organization. KASBIT students sold out these tickets in Karachi only for Dar-ur-Sukun.
· Renovated the Children Ward at SIUT, one of the most renowned kidney and liver transplantation and kidney dialysis centre in Karachi, Pakistan. Our students not only renovated the ward but also spent Two Days with the patients, provided them and their families’ edible stuff with gifts and also arranged movie day for the patients.
· Reconstruct and renovated a ghost govt. school in the superb of Karachi. The name of school is Govt .Primary School at Darri Jo Goth, Nawaz Sharif Colony, Gulistann-e-Johar Karachi.
· KASBIT students owned and granted wishes of 20 children from Make-a-Wish Foundation Pakistan. The wishes were granted on more than one occasion. Make-a-Wish works for granting the wishes of children suffering in chronic and incurable diseases.
· In the holy month of Ramadan, KASBIT students offered a PUBLIC IFTAAR at Sharah-e-Faisal, near KASBIT.
· The students also offered iftaar to 200 orphans at SOS Village, SOS village is an international orphanage chain at Malir, Karachi.
· Students funded a charity restaurant which offers lunch and dinner to poor at Khuda ki Basti in Karachi, only on the cost of Rs.3. This Public Kitchen is run by Mrs. Saeed and our students raised funds for her cause and also provided flour for her kitchen.
· KASBIT students raised funds for Depilex Smileagain Foundation, the foundation works for the acid victim ladies in Pakistan and run by the famous beautician Mrs. Mussarat Missbah.