The Talloires Network is building a global movement of civically engaged and socially responsible higher education institutions. We advocate for expansion of civic engagement activities, and promote the most promising practices from our members and others in the field of higher education.
The Talloires Network:
Raises the profile of civic engagement in higher education by:
• Recognizing and promoting our members’ civic engagement activities on their institutional profiles and in our communications
• Awarding the annual MacJannet Prize for Global Citizenship to exceptional civic engagement programs
• Issuing publications on higher education community engagement such as The Engaged University: International Perspectives on Civic Engagement
Shares news and information on the field of civic engagement by:
• Gathering and disseminating civic engagement insights in our TN Connects platform.
• Distributing a monthly e-newsletter featuring new publications and resources
• Promoting news and updates through our social media platforms.
Assists member institutions with bolstering their civic engagement work by:
• Building regional capacity by partnering with existing associations around the world, working to establish new networks, and co-sponsoring events, such as faculty training institutes, global exchange meetings, and conferences.
• Notifying our members of grant opportunities for civic engagement programs offered by the Talloires Network and similar organizations.
Connects administrators, faculty, staff, and students in our network by:
• Organizing regional and global conferences to share ideas, encourage collaboration, and expand impact
• Bringing together cohorts such as the Youth Economic Participation Initiative and the Regional Perspectives in Civic Engagement group.