The MacJannet Prize was established by the Talloires Network and the MacJannet Foundation to recognize exceptional student community engagement initiatives at Talloires Network member universities and contributes financially to their ongoing public service efforts. Check out profiles of our 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Prize recipients as well as all previous finalists.
The MacJannet Prize was established in order to:
- Recognize and encourage exceptional student community engagement and community service
- Financially support the ongoing work of university-based civic initiatives
- Elevate innovative civic engagement program models and disseminate them throughout the Network as examples of promising practices
- Strengthen public support for the global civic engagement movement in higher education
- Champion the values and extend the legacy of Donald and Charlotte MacJannet, who devoted their lives to fostering international understanding
- Promote action around the principles of the Talloires Declaration, which recommends steps to elevate the civic engagement of universities around the world
Community engagement initiatives at Talloires Network member institutions are eligible to be nominated.
The 2015 MacJannet Prize cycle has been completed. Please check back in the early fall for information on the 2016 MacJannet Prize.